🧪PRODUCT TYPE: Vegan/Plant Protein.
🥄SERVINGS: As shown above in product pictures.
🏋🏻♂GOOD FOR: As more and more people begin to enjoy vegetarian and vegan food, understanding how to replace the protein found in meat is important.
Benefits of vegan protein:
- Improved Digestion – Vegetables, legumes, grains, nuts and seeds are loaded with healthy fibres that naturally improve digestion and absorption, increase motility and reduce symptoms of gas and bloating.
- Metabolism Booster – The combination of fibre and protein means it takes your body a while to digest vegan whole foods. The more your body works on metabolising the plant protein, the better your body becomes at burning extra fat.
- Cardiovascular health – Plant-based diets tend to be lower in cholesterol and saturated fats and high in healthy plant sterols which can help to improve heart health and overall well-being.
- Avoid added hormones & antibiotics – Many animal-based sources of protein can contain added hormones and antibiotics whereas plant-based sources of protein are packed with antioxidants, phytochemicals (compounds produced naturally by plants), vitamins and minerals which are essential for optimal health.
- Complete proteins – Many people believe that animal sources of protein are the only “complete” proteins (i.e. they contain adequate levels of all 9 essential amino acids). This is simply not true. Soy, tempeh, edamame beans and golden peas are all complete sources of protein.